DSL is nice, but the local telcos are dragging their feet deploying it. IMHO,
they are holding out on deploying facilities to starve out the competition. And
you have the whole distance thing.

IDSL solves the distance thing, but is expensive and slow.

So, what are the wireless options?

I mean, I really want to cut the telco out. They are an annoyance that I rather
do without.

We got a couple clients using microwave, speed is nice, but latency sucks.

What other options are there?
What speeds and cost do those options offer?
Which of these options will work with Linux?

I'd love to say, for $X I can give you YMb of bandwidth. Z static IPs, free MX
and secondary DNS hosting and low cost off-site backups.

And if you want to stop by the office, I have all the equipment necessary to get
you up and running today. Oh, btw, it is supported in both the 2.2 and 2.4
kernels.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500