> What vendors of drives?  Anyhow, if your going to get a drive, hp has
> onsite service for pretty cheap 3yr contracts.

the Sony DDS-4 drive that I've used hasn't shown any issues. the Seagate one
is the flaky unit. I'm pretty sure that the Seagate AIT-1 drives were just
Sonys with a different name on them; so for the moment I'm guessing the
DDS-4 drives are pretty much identical except for the name on them. :)

I've seen a couple of HP drives go bad... one was a DDS-2, that was about
3-4 years old, I think. the other is a DDS-3 which still works; but might be
showing more 'soft' error messages when writing than it used to.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises