> I love AIT.  If you're buying it for home use though, AIT is probably too
> expensive.  Transfer speeds are very fast though.  I have a 40 tape AIT
> changer set up as nearline storage on a Sun E3500, basically, it acts like a
> 4TB disk.

is that one of the Spectra carousel changers? If so, how many drives do you
have in it?

what HSM (Heirarchical Storage Management) software do you use?

>  But the changer was nearly $30k, and tapes
> are around $100 each (50GB uncompressed, 100GB avg compressed).
	that's AIT-2... I was talking about AIT-1 (25/50GB... maybe $1800
for an internal drive. are AIT-2 drives still about $4000?
	nothing else is quite comparable to that, except LTO (Linear Tape
Open) which can go 100/200GB, but probably has a price to match. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises