On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu wrote:

> >From the article:
>
> "Bozich said several hundred ISPs which resell Qwest's DSL service to their
> customers won't be affected by the Microsoft deal."
>
> So, in the case of ISPs like Real-Time, VISI, Sound, etc, they don't
> actually resell the DSL line, just the access.  Will those of us who pay
> Qwest for our physical DSL line and a non-Qwest ISP for our access be
> screwed by this?

I don't know that anyone will actually get screwed, but I'm having a hard
time seeing how things will get any better because of this.

> Will they put Microsoft in direct control of the cloud, or just
> dealing out the IP addresses?

Uffda.  I would think that Mr. Boies and the other boys (and girls) at the
DoJ would have a little interest in this.  Wouldn't that be ironic if it
played a part in breakup legislation / negotiations?

Phil M
--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous