On 26 Apr 2001 15:29:42 -0500, Austad, Jay wrote:
> We have a few IDE 16x burners, and you only get about 10-12x with
them.  The
> SCSI ones will actually do 16x.  I don't know why this is, as 16 x
150k/sec
> is still not anywhere near the max transfer speed of the IDE bus.

um...got anything else on that IDE bus?  that would be why.
IDE sucks, and I really need to get away from it...anyone know of any
decent, fairly cheap (as far as scsi controllers go.  i realize
nothing's gonna actually be cheap) LVD or Ultra160 cards out there?
Easy to get working with linux is always a plus, too...

BTW
I'd love to make it to a beer meeting some time...if you guys ever have
them at a place that allows people under 21
I know someone asked about that earlier, but I didn't notice any
response to it.

Thanks,

- Kremer