Mike Hicks wrote:
> There may be some hardware compatibility issues.  I've heard rumblings
> that SB Live!s might be bad components for boards with VIA chipsets, but
> I'd be reluctant to blame a sound card..  Also, some people have suggested
> that AGP video cards might exacerbate the problems.

I'm running an Athlon 1GHz processor on a Biostar mkv7b mobo.  Via
chipset (though don't know the type.  Bought it back in Oct.) and all.
Although I don't have sound running, nor the Nvidia driver for Linux
loaded it works good.  No hardware issues at all.  On the evil side, MS
works just fine with this configuration including an SBLive X-Gamer
board, with a Creative GeForce2 MX 32MB AGP video board.

On the flipside, I only have a 250W powersupply in this machine and I
don't seem to have any problems.  I am looking at upgrading the PS, to
about a 400W due to I want to add more components.

Shawn