Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com> writes:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Ankush wrote:
> > I am trying to install an RPM in the %post script of a spec file. But
> > on doing so it gives me an "exclusive lock on database" error. If you
> > have come across this problem before please send me a mail at your
> > latest. Also if you have any idea of how to "rpm -ivh --nodeps <rpm
> > file>" without installing the rpm, but from the build itself, please
> > let me know.
>
> Are you trying to do it as root? Are you installing another RPM right now?

Well, if he's doing it from the %post script, then he definitely *is*
installing another RPM right then.  I haven't seen this sort of
chained RPM installation done, though it's common in windows
installers; I think you need to just report the dependency, rather
than try to automatically resolve it, and let the user then install
the right RPMs.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/