-----
To: announce at openbsd.org
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:10:00 -0600
From: "Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller at courtesan.com>
We are now using the demime program (http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html)
to convert MIME messages sent to the mailing lists into plain text.
Things that cannot be converted (e.g. attachments) will be stripped.
See the demime web site for the gory details.
I know this may perturb some people but it seems to be in line with
what most people want (and it makes mailing list archives more
readable).  It also protects the lists from viruses list the one
recently posted on the misc list.  If you must send binaries, there
is always uuencode though we would *much* prefer that folks include
a URL so as not to burden everyone on the list with a binary they
probably don't want or need.
The following OpenBSD mailing lists are now being de-MIMEd:
    ipv6, elf, mac68k, misc, ppc, romp, smp, tech, www, sparc, vax,
    x11, advocacy, hppa, alpha
 - todd
----- End forwarded message -----
Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp at n0qds.org                              [sk]
   "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed,
    or numbered. My life is my own." - No. 6