I don't know how many clients you have or what version of
outlook you are running
but the outlook security patch works well.  We installed it
at work months ago and
haven't had any complaints.  I think both Panda software and
Network Associates (McAfee)
have software that will run on an Exchange server that will
block/scan attachments also.
(Too bad you gotta pay for 'em.)

How to do it with a linux box I don't know, but I haven't
seen any viri on this list
for a few days.

http://office.microsoft.com/downloaddetails/Out98sec.htm

Haven't had a virus outbreak since.