> >I know someone -- I think Carl Soderstrom -- was mucking with Amanda.  I
> >need to get it up and running.  It seems straight forward, but I was
> >wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to things to watch for.  What are
> >the tricky bits?

hmm, I didn't see the original post for some reason.
sorry about the slow followup. :)

I've written some rough documentation about HOWTO and pitfalls with AMANDA;
you're welcome to it, if you can make heads or tails of it. :) (mostly it's
just a collection of notes. about the same crap as you see in the
faq-o-matic.)

amanda is one of those things you just have to wrestle with for some time,
before you get a handle on it.

the amanda faq-o-matic at amana.sourceforge.net is pretty helpful. I usually
end up using google to search it, tho. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises