Hey all. It's been a while since I posted, but...

I've been encountering problems with cdparanoia. Specifically, on the
final 20,000 to 30,000 blocks of a rip data transfer slows way down or
stops completely and there are almost always errors which cdparanoia
cannot correct. I've just been dealing with it since I only occasionally
fail to rip a track but it's getting annoying.

Is this a fault of cdparanoia or my hardware. The CDROM is a four year
old Toshiba 16x.

My apologies if this has been discussed on the list already. I don't
remember seeing anything in the archives that addressed this problem.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hans
--
Hans D Umhoefer (hans.d.umhoefer at uwrf.edu)