On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 11:27:16AM -0500, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> I think it's time for a reminder... NOISE:LINE ratio is getting high
> as a direct result of this type of post.  CUT OUT TEXT THAT IS NOT
> RELAVENT!  This poster made a one-line reply to a multi-line post and
> included the entire post to do so.  THIS IS A WASTE!

Hear, hear!

> Please be considerate people.  This previous poster is not the only
> offender...

Since the unedited posts seem to be of the 'comment at the top and quote
everything below' form, I assumed they were coming from MS mail clients.
Then I checked the headers of one at random and saw that it was sent with
mutt.  *sigh*

Tip for those using a vi-based mail editor:  If you're going to just comment
at the top, hit d} before saving/sending.  It will delete everything until
the next blank line; for quoted text, each line starts with >, which makes it
non-blank.  Two keystrokes will wipe out the entire quoted-but-unreferenced
message.

--
That's not gibberish...  It's Linux. - Byers, The Lone Gunmen
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d? s+: a- C++ UL++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+