The best time to call them is after 7pm.  I think they are open until 10pm
or so.

One thing is for sure though, no one at that place is interested in being
nice to you.  I've moved almost all of my domains away from them because
they are impossible to get ahold of, impossible to work with, and complete
jerks on the phone.  I had to transfer registrant information for about 120
domains, and that was the biggest nightmare ever.  120 separate notarized,
signed agreements.  They wouldn't let us do one with a listing of all the
domains (transferred all from the same company to us).  And when our company
name changed and our company name at NSI didn't match our new name, it took
them 8 weeks to fix it for us, even though we paid them $250 for the
expedited service (which consequently caused some SSL certs to expire
because Verisign wouldn't give us new ones without the registrant info at
NSI matching).

I hate NSI.  I really really really hate NSI.

Of course, register.com isn't too much better.  I was using their web
interface the other day, and it screwed up and I was magically logged in as
someone else.  I could view all of their account info, including part of
their credit card, modify their domains, and buy new ones under their name
with their card.  I notified register.com about it, and they seemed
disinterested, blaming is on user error.  Ummm, if I can screw up and get
logged in as someone else, it seems to me that it's a problem with their
site.