Has anyone used the latest version of Bind?

 I just got the tgz, unpacked/compiled it, and set it up on a Red Hat 6.2 system (P75 & 32MB RAM) and it looks like it spawns a separate process for each zone. While this makes for some very responsive daemons, it also takes up some memory I didn't think I'd be parting with for this purpose.  It could be just a default (I just "let'er rip", really) but the docs did say it was different.

Perhaps this DNS/mail server will be a little more laid back than I first thought...