Hi all, it's time to install Linux once again on my laptop.
(An IBM ThinkPad 600X.)

I have a 12GB hard drive, and I'd like to use 8GB for Windows
(because it pays the bills) and 4GB for Linux (because I'd like
for it to pay the bills).

Do I still need to have a boot partition below cylinder 1024?
If so, that's still lame. (Personally, I think a linux kernel
in a file on a FAT partition, ot something like NT's NTLDR
would be pretty cool.)

I'm planning on using RH 7.1 (because it's the big name has been
heard by potential customers), and I am free to trash my drive
and start from scratch.

I'd like recommendations from you (yes, you) about how to set
up my partitions and why. (I'd also like a minimum of debate, but
I'll take what comes).

I will not be reading or responding to useless comments about
using other distributions, but reasoned, informative suggestions
for them are very welcome.

Many thanks,
Chris Schumann
Partner