You're right, this is probably not the forum to be asking such questions.
But I will give a shot at helping you anyway...

1. You can use a cookie to track form data across several pages. Downside:
use of cookies and/or JavaScript is sometimes disabled in a browser.
2. You can use CGI on the server, and assign a session ID when someone
begins filling out the form. Then, track all form data on the server using
the session ID.

While option #2 is probably more work, it is also more robust and easier to
control from the server, thus eliminating problems such as corrupted
cookies, disabled cookies, disabled JavaScript, etc.

Dave