If anyone has installed mandrake 8.0 final yet, could you do a "locate
kscanlib" for me?

Apparently kscanlib is supposed to be in the kdegraphics package for 2.1.1,
but it's not in Mandrake's 7.2 updated version.  They stripped alot of stuff
out in the 7.2 version, like AA support, and APM for X 4.0.3.

I need the kscanlib to finish a program I'm working on, and I want to
upgrade to Mandrake 8.0.  But if I'm going to have to grab the latest KDE
from CVS and build it anyway, I might as well just stick with 7.2 for now
and screw up this install instead of a new one.  :)

jay