Quoting Thomas T. Veldhouse (veldy at veldy.net):
> Is the tclug-list at mn-linux.org list using sendmail still?  I noticed that
> mails are being sent to the list in nearly real-time now.  Is this because
> of the changes mad to the sendmail configuration or is it using postfix now
> :) ?

Changes to sendmail.

I thought for sure I posted the changes. :-(

Here they are again.

First make sure you DO NOT have  FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX'), that was the
single most important factor. See your README.cf for what this does.

Here are my tweaks for timeouts:

define(`confTO_INITIAL', `2m')dnl
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `2m')dnl
define(`confTO_ICONNECT', `2m')dnl
define(`confTO_HELO', `2m')dnl
define(`confTO_RCPT', `2m')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN', `1h')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `30m')dnl

To REALLY get a performance boast I enabled 20 queues:

define(QUEUE_DIR,`/var/spool/mqueue/q*')

See sendmail.net for a great article on this.

Here is my mm_cfg.py

# Ceiling on the number of recipients that can be specified in a single SMTP
# transaction.  Set to 0 to submit the entire recipient list in one
# transaction.  Only used with the SMTPDirect DELIVERY_MODULE.
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 50

# Two other qrunner resource management variables.  The first controls the
# maximum lifetime of any single qrunner process, and the second controls the
# maximum number of messages a single qrunner process will, er, process.
# Exceeding either limit causes qrunner to exit, reclaiming system resources
# and deleting the lock.  Other qrunners will then process the remaining
# messages.  Set either to None to inhibit this resource check.
QRUNNER_PROCESS_LIFETIME = minutes(30)
QRUNNER_MAX_MESSAGES = 300

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700