Why not some high quality mylar for the chrome part of it. I used to get
stuff at Ax-Man that you could use as a mirror if mount to a hard flat
background. you could cement this on top of the painted case. If it takes
paint apply it as a full sheet to the side of the case and then paint over
it. That way you could scratch some of the paint for "sparkles" if you want.
;-)

Jack