On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 jethro at yaron.org wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Quoting Bill Layer <blayer at qwest.net>:
>
> > That 'circuit' will be a patch cord from the audio jack, running through
> > a resistive divider or L-pad (passive control, like a pot) right to the
> > meter's input.
>
> This might be a stupid question, but wouldn't this mean you can't listen to
> MP3s and have your CPU monitored at the same time?

    No, thats not a dumb question. You're right, you wouldn't be able to
listen to any mp3's. That is where the design falls short. It is a
temporary solution until there is someone who is able to engineer
Digital-Analog hardware and write the low level drivers required. I want
to start out with the simple method to get things going, and then work on
the seperate hardware / drivers for the long term version.