> Omnikey's are sweet.  But if I don't use a split keyboard, my wrists feel
> like someone smashed them with a big hammer.  I wish someone would produce
> an Omnikey-esque quality split keyboard.  I'd pay $200 for one, especially
> if it was black.  :)

I use a Kinesis Ergo at work, and yep, it cost $200 and took a couple weeks
to get used to (I'm a slow learner); but my wrists don't hurt anymore. :)
www.kinesis-ergo.com
there's a place in town called CSI Ergonomics (I'm thinking they have an
office on 5th St. and 2nd Ave. in Mpls; but I'm probably missing it by a few
blocks) that sells them.
the keyboard itself is pretty high-quality... keys feel really good and
clicky.
my beefs with it:
	ctrl, alt, home, end, PgUp, PgDn are in f**ked up places now...
middle of the keyboard, under your thumbs. can't do the spans like I'm used
to (ctrl-esc, alt-tab), and other chords need to be done two-handed (ctrl-e,
ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-d).
	esc is too small and close to F1 (they're little rubber nubs,
basically). too easy to hit F1 and get the vi help screen, rather than
escaping to command mode.
	<space> and <enter> are right next to one another. too easy to hit
<enter> when you meant <space>.
	arrow keys are broken into up, down on the right hand; and
left, right on the left hand. takes ages to get used to; and makes playing
Freecraft (Warcraft 2 clone) about impossible. :( :(

basically, it was meant for secretaries, and not for programmers. :(
I suppose I could remap some of the keys; if I could figure out the remapped
scheme I want.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer