On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Bill Layer wrote:

> That's all I can think of, does anyone know of a simple, cheap legacy
> analog controller board with low-level linux support? :)

You could just as easily send it out the serial port.  Since it's not
going to be accurate to the nearest KB anyway, you could probably do
something like build a LPF to integrate the TX line as though it were
pulse-width modulated.  (it's not, but I think in RS-232 you could fake
it.  So you just need to write a drive to measure memory and spit  out
something proportional to it on /dev/ttySx, providing you have a free
serial port.

 --
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous