Off my 300watt powersupply I'm running an Athalon, 2 IBM SCSI hard drives, 2
IDE Drives, SCSI cd-rom and scsi cd burner, plus tnt2, nic, scsi card, etc.

Never had any heat problems, but I have no shortage of fans. If I remember
correctly, to on the back (exaust) and one on front (intake) plus the power
supply fan. (hmmm...maybe I should change the upper exaust fan to an
intake...)

All the fans (except the one on the tnt2) have been replaced with the
silencer fans from pc power and cooling. One of the best investments into my
computer I've ever made.

As my case is a full tower, I used to have a bay cooler with two fans in a
5.25 bay. But after awile the fans just got too loud. Haven't had any heat
issues without the bay cooler, so haven't had reason to replace it.

Anyway, I suspect heat issues as well, unless you got a POS power supply.
I've had more stuff running off my 300 watt than I do right now, so it
should be able to handle things. Make sure you get your cooling squared
away...

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132