Still looking for info on your OmniKey?

First let me say that you have the best keyboard available for the PC-AT
platform - do NOT get rid of it.  I have 4 of them and am always on the
lookout for more.  Used ones are going on eBay for as much as $190.

Avant Stellar is a new-production knock-off of the Northgate.

The big orange button rules.  If you open the trap door to expose the
button, then hit:
	Orange Button
	Then Scroll Lock
	Then F1 - F12
	You can change the repeat rate.  F1 = very slow ..12 = very fast.  I use
F11.

	Orange Button
	Then Scroll Lock
	Then Shift-F1 - Shift-F12
	You can change the delay before repeat (Shift-F1 = very short delay
..Shift-12 = very long delay.  I use Shift-F1.

If you set your keyboard up for these very short delays and very fast repeat
rates (give it some time to get used to it!), you'll be amazed at how much
more productive you can be and how often you can navigate with the arrow
keys rather than a mouse.  I am a programmer, and live in a text editor 90%
of the time.  This fast keyboard is invaluable.

The DIP switches are listed here:
http://www.concentric.net/~Psteffen/omnikey/

I use the one that remaps Ctrl-Alt-Del to be the "original" way (from the
IBM PC-XT).  This puts Ctrl next to "A", Alt at the far lower left (under
shift) and CapsLock next to Space bar.

Have fun, and spread the word to the masses who don't know any better:
"real" keyboards are worth their weight in gold.

Bill Rebey