On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Kevin R. Bullock wrote:

> Potato is stable. Woody isn't even frozen yet. They're looking at
> releasing it around august.

Thanks -- I was afraid I was either crazy or out of date.

> They just started finalizing the install set
> for it, so it probably fairly unstable still. If I were you, I would start
> with potato and do a dist-upgrade. I had relatively good results from
> doing this. You can expect a thing or two to break, but these will be
> minor and easy to fix.

How 'bout XFree 4?  I had it upgrade itself in the midst of some other
upgrades to potato (not a dist-upgrade) and it broke good, so I ended up
ditching something and going back to 3.whatever in potato.  Is this
smoother if you do the whole nine yards in one shot -- a "clean upgrade?"

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous