On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Phil Mendelsohn (mend0070 at tc.umn.edu):
> > BTW, it says 768/408 in my neighborhood on their web site
> >
> > http://www.telocity.com/products/faq_sdsl.asp#how_fast
>
> Why, or How can Telocity deliver this speed to areas where Qworst cannot (will
> not!) deliver this technology.

It says (this is all hearsay, though I just ordered it -- sheesh) that
it's SDSL, but when they "optimize" it, they set download faster.

BTW they say specifically that NAT is OK.  Finally, someone who is happy
just selling a pipe!  I just hope it works...  (How bad can it
be?  consider the alternatives!)

Was Telocity supposed to be one of the ISP/DSL co's that survives the
meltdown?

Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous