On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 02:03:06PM -0500, Tom Hudak wrote:
>That's because you are supposed to use progeny's sources fool. :-)
><hint> progeny is a hack on debian/testing </hint)
>You overwrote the entire progeny distro with debian, that's like upgrading
>your redhat6.2 install with the valinux 6.2 disk.

Hey, according to thier website at the time it was built from debian/unstable
and that packæges were interchangeable (there was no testing yet) they even
recommended using debian's sources.list lines.

>I wasn't to pleased with RC1 or the beta's but any of the issues I was having
>are seemingly gone in 1.0. I think Ben's problems with grub are related to his
>vaio. I have had no problems at all, and in fact, I'll probably never use lilo
>again.

Yeah, grub will NOT install on my vaio at all.

>As far as overall use goes, it's just like a debian install, all the external
>debian sources (ie, non-debian system source lines.) work fine. I have gnome
>1.4 installed, the cvs-builds of enlightenment and whatnot, and it all works
>beautifully.

Hrm, so you upgraded already? Is the install any smoother?

>PCMCIA scheme's do not seem to want to work too well though, I'll keep hacking
>on that, but it's not a progeny issue. (I don't think.)

All I can say is email david hinds and PCMCIA crew (maybe submit some patches)

--
Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789
Sistina Software Inc.	work: 612.379.3951

My other computer is a 3,000 node beowulf cluster sporting GFS.