> not. It doesn't
> sound any better (to me, maybe it was too much time on the
> M-60 range when I
> was an infantryman) and it didn't save me that much space (1
> MB for a CD) and,
> xmms lags a bit when loading them and sometimes doesn't like
> to seek without
> segfaulting.

If you listen to any classical music or ambient music, you can really tell
the difference.  Music with lots of bass tends to show off it's frequency
response too.  Keep in mind it's still in beta, so crashes of the player
it's using are probably going to happen, although I haven't had any
problems.

> Take atheos? Would you switch to that? No, cause it's not
> very well supported.

No.  But it looks damn interesting.  :)

I'll comb through my email tomorrow and find that CD changer emulation
thing.  They actually look like they will be selling it soon.  It runs linux
too.  :)

Jay