On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 05:13:51PM -0700, Munir Nassar wrote:
> i am going home this summer and  i was thinking of
> getting a digital camera, now the question is: i need
> a camera that i can download my pix to under
> linux...any of you use/know of any that are relatively
> hassle free...

I have a Fuji FinePix 1400 Zoom.  It's a great entry level camera.  It's
only 1.3 Megapixel, but it has 3x optical zoom.  It uses smartmedia and
only has a USB interface.  With some help, I hacked in USB support for
it and the driver is available in 2.4.2-ac20 or later.  It shows up as a
SCSI disk and you just copy the files off.

Nate