I picked up a Kodak DC 280.  It works great under Linux with gPhoto,
through Serial and USB.  There's even a kernel driver that detects it
(DC240 driver in USB devices in kernel config).  Takes good pictures, too.
It uses CompactFlash, which is reasonably inexpensive and easy to find.

--
Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Winternet.Com