I am trying to rotate my logs but am having problems with logrotate.

This is the command used.

/var/log/logfile {
    postrotate
        /usr/bin/killall -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog-ng.pid`
    endscript
}

The problem with this is that the syslog-ng.pid file seems to be
generated in whatever directory you started syslog-ng from instead of
/var/run/*.
Is this a configuration problem of the system?
If a system problem how do I go about fixing it?
Is there a simpler way to send an HUP signal?

I am using Redhat-6.2 on an ALPHA with syslog-ng 1.4.11.

I already posted this to another list but they havn't responded.  The list
server might be down or something because I havn't received anything from
them for quite some time.
Can anyone help me?

sim