On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 12:38:00PM -0700, Peter Clark wrote:

>--- Ben Lutgens <blutgens at sistina.com> wrote:
>
>> I just finished downloading the ISO's. I tried the earlier rc and
>> beta iso's
>> and was NOT impressed.
>
>   Would you care to elaborate? What parts about it were you not
>impressed by? Details, s'il vous plait.
>   :Peter

well for one, grub failed to install and left my system unbootable after the
first reboot into the new system. For another I didn't like the absence of
some of apts tools (they're probably there now) and when I tried to add in
debian's sources.list lines things got totally hosed somehow.

It was a while ago so I can't remmeber. Tom is running it on his laptop (at
least he was) and had similar dislikes (except grub, he loves grub) perhaps
he'd elaborate more.
--
Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789
Sistina Software Inc.	work: 612.379.3951

$chown -R us.us yourbase