My only experience with VA was with a previous employer... it was a crazy
little startup and we were just trying to get our boxes in, and rolled out
(and of course it was needed yesterday!) and our shipment from VA arrived,
which was two 3500's (dual Xeon, 2 or 4 gig ram, internal DAT, Raid 5)

They arrived late, and one of the boxes had didnt work out of the box, so
our lead tech guy called em up, kicked and screamed, and told VA that due
to their f*ckup, we wanted another box for parts, incase something else
happened... We got em to drop ship a Sat. delivery of another 3500, with
the xeons, the ram, the disks, all that it was missing was the tape drive.

i think we made em move faster than they were supposed to, or maybe they
felt bad (yeah right) because they never asked for it back, nor did they
charge for it!  not a bad deal.  this is prob. indicative of some internal
problems they have...

They machines ran fine after that. a few weeks ago, i talked to the CTO of
my former employer and he told me that the two boxes were at 390+ days of
uptime.

duncan

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 11:22:38PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> >How can you help?
> >
> >But if you could send me your horror stories with VA, I'd like to include them

<snip>

--
duncan shannon
duncan at sodatrain.com