I have complained on this list before about VA's poor service. Lack of customer
support and general apathy.

Complaining is good for the soul, it get's all the emotions out and let's you
think rational(?). :-)

To make a long story short, I work on an open source project called Netrek, and
recently there have been a lot of complaining about lack of certain features.

Of course the flame ware between users erupted. Feature is important, feature
sucks, you aren't important, you suck, etc. We all know the drill.

The flamefest finally hit the developer list. And we as developers said, "Oh,
that is great idea! And to make you people happy that don't want this feature
it's a compile time option."

What does this have to do with VA?

I have been witting a letter to Larry Augustin for about 3 weeks now. Trying
to tell Larry "VA suck" in a constructive way BUT also my recommendations on how
to make things better.

Like the new netrek feature, MAYBE Larry doesn't know what is going on in the
trenches?

How can you help?

Well, the first question is why should you help? Remember how great VA was
before? I'd like to have that back. I'd also like VA to stay healthy so all the
gurus there have great jobs and keep write kick'in code.

But if you could send me your horror stories with VA, I'd like to include them
with my letter to Larry so that VA doesn't think I am just some disgruntled
little peon rattling my saber.

I'll make my letter to VA public on this list and the tclug web site. I will
also post it to slashdot and linuxtoday.

Thanks.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500