On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 12:00:12AM -0500, Yaron wrote:
> I'm trying to put debian on this Toshiba Tecra 8100. The CD won't boot,
> and I don't have a floppy on me. The CD boots on other machines and other
> CDs (Mandrake) boots on THIS machine.

What size boot image does the Mandrake CD use?  Debian uses a 2.88M
image on their CDs.  Maybe your laptop can only read 1.44M images, even
from CD.  You could try making a CD with the 1.44M boot floppy to see if
you can get the machine to boot off that.  It won't get you installed,
but it will tell you what is possible with that laptop.

Nate