according to the s/390 sales guy, they are running 2000 images on a 1.5mil
(with disk) s/390 system.

remember, to duplicate 2000 systems, you'd need a support staff of atleast
3 hardware monkies just to maintain the physical system.. things like that
outweigh the maintence agreements with IBM.. and if you did have 2000
systems from say.. dell.. you're going to pay maintence agreements on them
too.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)