I've never understood why people are so damned fascinated with
Linux on the S/390.  I get to work on SuSE/390, and it really isn't that
impressive.  The box isn't any more responsive than the Linux PC on
my desk.  Sure, you can put lots of them on one box - but if you're wanting
to actually save money, you're better off buying small boxes.  Or, buying
a higher end Sun box and just intelligently administrating it.

Grump.

- Nick Reinking

dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu, on 04/05/2001 07:44:36 AM