On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 10:40:52PM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> Not so's one would really notice.  I *like* it that Dan is keeping
> pretty strong central control; otherwise qmail would have been
> nickeled and dimed to performance and security death by now, with
> people adding all the things they "can't live without".

No reason why DJB can't maintain strong control over the offical qmail while
still allowing people to fork and distribute their own versions, whether
better, worse, or even completely hosed.  (Kinda like the Debian policy:
Here's what we call the Official Debian CD.  Download the ISO or make your
own.  If it has the same stuff, feel free to call it an Official Debian disc.
If you add or remove anything, you have to call it something else.)

--
Linux will do for applications what the Internet did for networks.
    - IBM, "Peace, Love, and Linux"