Scott Dier <dieman+tclug at ringworld.org> writes:

> * Andrew Nemchenko <drew at usfamily.net> [010404 13:51]:
> > What exactly do you do at home that is so important that you can justify paying $150
> > a month for DSL?
>
> SDSL isn't normal 'dsl'.. You get symetteric rates for your upstream and
> downstream, instead of just 512/128 or any other weird splits.  You pay
> more too.
>
> Upside: speakeasy lets you do damn near anything you want, I hear.

I've got Qwest 768k DSL with static IPs for about that same price.  I
don't "need" it, but I'm running two servers here, and a dozen and a
few virtual domains for family, friends, non-profit orgs, and such.
And we have 4 heavy internet users in the house, so the inbound
bandwidth is useful too :-)
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/