I am sorry I was not able to clarify on the thread I started sooner (busy day...)

Thanks for everyone's input on the performance between Solaris and Linux.

I do mean the clear plastic holder for an internal disk drive on a Sparc5.   I
got a replacement disk off the
web (cheap) that was supposed to include the "kit" which the guy I talked too
said that the kit
included the plastic mounting thingy.

I am running Solaris8 on a Sparc5 80Mhz cpu  and 256MB memory.  I haven't been
too disappointed
overall, but I had a pc running Linux 6.2 on 400Mhz  and 256MB memory and I liked
my pc better.

Stupid question, but what would be the best way to go about removing solaris and
installing linux.
Is there a preferred distro?

Matt.