Hi,

Quoting Matt Thoren <mthoren at mttcc.com>:

> I know this may be somewhat off this list, but I am assuming that some
> of your run Sun equipment.
> Does anyone have a Sparc5 "disk caddie" they wold be willing to part
> with?

This isn't really a Sun Hardware issue. Some CDROMs use caddies. I'm sure you
can pick one up on eBay or maybe even Computer Renaissance.

> Does anyone run Linux instead of Solaris on Sparc 5's.  Is there a
> performace (CPU wise) for going with Linux over Solaris 8?

On a SPARCstation 5 or an Ultra5? I can't imagine Solaris 8 even being able to
CRAWL on a SPARCstation5. I installed it on a SPARCclassic (equiv to SPARC4),
took 3 DAYS to install and then it didn't work. Linux will run a LOT better on
old Sun hardware.

Good luck,

-Yaron