Quoting Matt Thoren (mthoren at mttcc.com):
> I know this may be somewhat off this list, but I am assuming that some
> of your run Sun equipment.
>
> Does anyone have a Sparc5 "disk caddie" they wold be willing to part
> with?

Disk caddie, meaning cdrom caddie?

> Does anyone run Linux instead of Solaris on Sparc 5's.  Is there a
> performace (CPU wise) for going with Linux over Solaris 8?

Yep, we run it on a very busy box (runs netrek server and crossfire server).
This boxes does a ton of context switches. I have 196MB of RAM and nothing
swaps, so performs is good.

I have never used Solaris 8. The box use to run Solaris 2.5.1 and I'd say linux
performs about the same.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500