On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 12:16:37AM -0500, Scott Dier wrote:
>Is he using the 'newer' breezecom equipment that supports 'stronger'
>security than mac lists?
To tell you the truth, I don't know the make/model of the radio's. I'm not
sure if they use WEP, but I believe that's what it was when I had one. I'm
sure he could use some assistance as to what kind of "other" products are out
there, as it's hard to do market research, run a company, be tech support, and
still live somewhat. (This is where favors come in to play.. :-)

When I say I don't know the price, it's just because I haven't broken out my
sci-calculator to figure it out. :-) As I said, the pricing is screwed, but
you will get good deal. Call and speak with Chris at MicroCom (owner), tell
him Tom referred you, and you are interested in a radio connection, he'll cut
through the bullshit for you.
763-717-1569
or go here and fill out the form:
http://www.baldeagle.com/WirelessInternetAccess.htm
Either way he'll get back to you and if he dosn't, I'll light a fire under his
ass. It's a small company, just remember that and if he seems like he's not
getting back to you, it's because he's a damn busy guy. :-)

The reason I posted to the list was because I thought there would be a good
amount of genuine interest in what he's doing, and the fact he wants to
convert to linux, maybe we can have a linux based ISP around here that
"supports windows" but recommends a linux PC :-)

Philip M.: The hardware costs fluctuate and I'm not exactly sure what
equipment he's using now, but if you call him, I'm sure he'll be able to
recommend an antenna that's affordable, and he'll provide the radio.
The cost is really the cost of an antenna, and the cable to go from ant. to
radio. (If you have a house, and would like to put up a tower and an omni, he
may wave monthly's if you purchase the radio/antenna to be used as a POP, just
an idea.) He's very open to making a deal, everything is negotiable.
Thanks,
--
Thomas J. Hudak
Systems Administrator