That's interesting.  Do you know what the differences are?  I assume they
both still keep their files in the same places and they both have most of
the same packages.  Is the difference primarily kernel configuration or what?

Brady

> > Mandrake and Redhat are sort of the same thing.  Mandrake is based on
> > Redhat but with some extra stuff tacked on.
>
>This is no longer true.  Each Mandrake release used to be based on the
>corresponding redhat release, with a few mods.  Mandrake has gone it's
>separate way now and the only real similarity that Mandrake really shares
>with Redhat is the use of rpm for package management (Suse and a couple
>others also use rpm).
>
>Jay

"Since we're going to die anyway we might as well be thinking something
really stupid."
- Nothing Man (leader of the "Brotherhood of Dada")