Not with Debian, but you might be able to pull it off with Progeny's boot
disks (if you have someone at the remote location to pop the disks in.) I
think the Progeny disks can install a stock Debian system, don't quote me on
that though.

Second idea: Create your base on a 650mb partition. Once your base is done,
backup the file system to CD. (Use RockRidge extentions to perserve
permissions and such, don't use MS extentions.) Create a bootable diskette
that is scripted to boot, create a 650 mb partition, and restore the CD to
it. System boots, you finish the install remotely.

Third idea: nuke enough room for the debian base stuff on the current box on
a partition, reconfigure lilo to boot that partition, and reboot into the
new debian base.

Idea four: at one time I thought there was a way to upgrade RedHat to
Debian. I can't find any reference of this now, and given the current state
of RedHat, it's not likely to exisit anymore.

Idea five: shipping the box to you may be cheaper than shipping you to the
box.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132