On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Austad, Jay wrote:

> Is there a way I can remotely whack the redhat install, and get a base
> debian installed and rebooted?  This would make my life so much easier.

I think you can, I'm just not sure what the best route would be.  I need
to look at the Deb net install stuff, but I think you'd be cut off from
the box.  There's the autoinstall thing (or whatever they call it), or
maybe you could program a boot disk to boot a kernel and give you net
access.  Maybe there's a monkey on site that could insert disk a into
slot b?  You'd want to test that at "home" before killing a machine you're
trying to avoid flying to visit!

I'm also not 100% sure you couldn't do it on top of your running
RH kernel and then just reboot, nutty as that may sound.

I'll go think for a minute...

 -- "To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous