I think I'm missing something on the install for Alsa.  I'm trying to
get sound to work on my Thinkpad (finally) now, and I'm following the
how-to from Alsa's website.  I'm using the alsa 0.5.10 files, I've
unzipped, ran the ./configure, make, and make install on all three
driver/lib/utils.

I ran the ./snddevices in the /usr/src/alsa-driver* directory.
According to the how-to, it should have made a directory called
/dev/snd.  Instead it created a link to /proc/asound/dev which is a
non-existant directory.

So, where do I go from here?  I'm supposed to load the nv256 module,
which also doesn't exist.  Any ideas?

Shawn