Hi,

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Florin Iucha wrote:

> 1. Modem: look for any _EXTERNAL_ modems or look for a an ISA internal
> modem. Look on the box for "Works with 486",

Or ask if it uses a real COM port. That way you can weed out the clueless
salespeople who'll just say "Yes" about the 486.

> 2. XFree86 4.xx supports Voodoo3 so get RedHat 7.1 beta or Mandrake 8.0
> beta or any recent Linux distribution and add XFree86 4.0.3 to it.

Doesn't RedHat 7 come with XFree4? People should probably NOT be using Red
Hat betas... especially newbies.

I'd say go with Mandrake. It's supposed to be the most User Friendly of
distributions. I recently installed almost all major distros and it did
seem to be the easiest one to install if you've never done it before.

-Yaron