Does anyone have USB working correctly in kernel 2.4??  I just upgraded to
2.4 on my desktop box which runs Mandrake 7.2.  Mandrake had a usb startup
script to do a bunch of stuff.  Do I need this script with 2.4?  Or can I
just put everything in /etc/modules.conf to make it work?  Does anyone have
the options I need in modules.conf to load USB properly?

I can get it to sorta work with the script, my CF card reader works, but my
USB scanner doesn't work anymore.  I get a "Can't locate module
char-major-81" when trying to access the scanner (without the TV card
modules loaded).  If I load the TV card modules, they seem to use
char-major-81, and I get an error from my scanner program that says it's a
v4l device, not a scanner.  Doh...

Jay