Heh. Sad part is, I switched from Redhat 6.0 last winter, because I was
having all sorts of trouble with it, to the point where it would no
longer even boot. In disgust, I decided to try Caldera's eDesktop 2.4,
which I saw at CompUSA for a good price (~$30, IIRC). Anywho, OpenLinux
has been running perfectly for me since the original install, which went
flawlessly. I know some of you have poor opinions of Caldera and/or
their distro, but for me, as a relatively new user, it has been a good
match. Would I use it to run a server? Probably not. But this is my
ThinkPad, used for web access, business document writing, network
testing and troubleshooting, and telnet access to our own and other
clients' servers. For those objectives, it fits the bill.

Dave

Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Dave Sherman wrote:
> >
> > I'm running Caldera eDesktop 2.4. For what it's worth, even after
> > downloading the latest elf tarball for libXpm and installing it, it
> > seems that AfterStep's configure script still does not see the xpm lib.
> > Watching the messages scroll by, there's a message to the effect that
> > libXpm was not found -- at least, that's what it looked like to me.
> > Unfortunately, I don't have the log handy to confirm the exact wording.
>
> Ummm. Don't run Caldera? ;)

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.